Candle Care

As candle makers, you know that we absolutely love lighting them up and letting them do their thing! We also know more than your average person about some handy rule of thumbs to use while using candles. Here are some tips to enjoying your candles for much longer, in the safest way!

 

• The first burn of your candle is the most important. Soy wax holds memory from the very first time it is lit. We recommend burning your candle for at least 2.5-3.5 hours the first time you light it. This helps ensure that you achieve a full melt pool across your candle container. If you happen to blow out your candle before you have a full wax melt pool your candle is likely to "tunnel"

• Never leave your burning candle unattended. Please be sure to extinguish your candle when you leave a room or before you go to sleep!

• Be sure to not place your burning candle near anything flammable such as curtains, books, clothing etc. Be sure to keep lit candles away from drafts, ceiling fans + any air currents

• Keep your candle out of reach of pets + little ones

• Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another and off of direct surfaces such as tables or countertops. Instead, place candles on a heat safe dish or coaster to avoid any discoloration or damage to surfaces such as wood or granite, that may be prone to heat damage.

• Extinguish your candle if the flame gets too close to the side of your candle container as this can heat the glass to the point of breakage

• Never burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time. If you love burning your candles for longer than 4 hours at a time, please be sure to distinguish your flame, allow the wax to harden + then re-light. This is the safest way to continue to burn your candle + will also help you achieve the longest burn time possible

• Distinguish your candle's flame by gently blowing out the flame or by using a snuffer

• Always use our Golden Wick Trimmer to trim your wick to 1/4 inch each time before you light your candle. This helps prevent the flame from getting too large + keeps your candle burning at its best!